Friday, April 3, 2009

'vivaldi''s song in literature class?

To just use classic songs -alone, in literature class, I don’t think it will work as it is difficult for the students to appreciate or understand a song just by listening to the music without any lyrics, even though just as a set induction activity. I, myself having a difficulty to understand how we can enjoy it -it is my first time to really listen to it. just like what dr. Edwin said, it might only work if teacher use it with other material such as poem, use it as the background music while reciting the poem, to make the reading session more interesting. Personally, classic music is another form of art that not everyone know how to appreciate it, just like painting. I hope one day I can become one of the persons who listen and appreciate this kind of music, it’s actually kind of music that ease to ear. It is a good way to introduce art work like classic music and painting to students in order to expose them to it and develop their interest in art and then being able to appreciate it.it also can help the students to develop their 'personal response' skills, e.g: teacher can ask their opinion about the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment